Nintendo fans, rejoice! The long-awaited Nintendo Direct conference has finally revealed the newest games coming to the console. With a range of exciting titles on the way, it’s time to get ready for some serious gaming. From action-packed adventures to fast-paced sports games, Nintendo is sure to have something for everyone. With new releases from some of their best-loved franchises and brand new concepts, players can look forward to hours of fun.
Nintendo is readying its lineup of games slated for the first half of 2023, laying out its plans for upcoming Switch games during a Nintendo Direct livestream on Wednesday. The company touched on already-announced games like Kirby’s Return to Dream Land Deluxe, Bayonetta Origins: Cereza and the Last Demon, and Pikmin 4, and the Direct was headlined by the eagerly anticipated The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom.
But as always, there were surprises to be had, like the revival of the decades-dormant Samba de Amigo franchise and remasters of Nintendo games from previous-generation consoles. Likewise, Nintendo gave us a peek into the next Professor Layton game, Professor Layton and the New World of Steam.
The gaming world was thrilled when Nintendo announced their newest games in a Nintendo Direct presentation last week. Fans were expecting to see the usual hits like Mario Kart 8 and Super Smash Brothers, but as always, there were surprises to be had. Chief among them was the revival of the decades-dormant Samba de Amigo franchise, with a long-awaited remaster of the original game. This is sure to be welcomed by players who grew up with the classic rhythm game, which first appeared on Dreamcast in 1999 and later on Wii.
In addition, Nintendo announced remasters of several classic titles from its NES and SNES libraries. Among these are beloved favorites like Super Mario Kart, Earthbound Beginnings and The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past.
These are all the biggest announcements made during the February 2023 Nintendo Direct.
It’s probably fair to say that the list of games that appeared at the February 8, 2023 Nintendo Direct was not as earth-shattering as the lineups of some of Nintendo’s other showcases. Also, the fact that the standard release of The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom costs $70 is kind of a bummer. However, Pikmin 4 got a release date! Advance Wars 1+2: Re-Boot Camp finally got a new release date! Etrian Odyssey is back all of a sudden! Metroid Prime Remastered is available on the Switch eShop right now. Game Boy games have joined Nintendo Switch Online, and Game Boy Advance games have joined the Expansion Pack tier. Those are all big things, and there are more cool announcements where that came from. So, below is a list of all Nintendo Switch games announced or shown at the Nintendo Direct on February 8, 2023.
A list of all switch games presented at the Nintendo Direct on February 8, 2023
- Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom gets a new trailer
- Pikmin 4 got a July 21 release date
- Splatoon 3 Battle Pass revealed as paid-for DLC with two waves
- Advance Wars 1+2 Re-Boot Camp finally coming out April 21
- Game Boy games coming to Switch Online, and GBA too for Expansion Pass subs
- Metroid Prime: Remastered was announced and the digital edition is out today
- Tiny tease for new title – Professor Layton and the New World of Steam
- Xenoblade Chronicle 3 Vol 3 Expansion Pass detailed, including new character Masha
- Promising JRPG Sea of Stars finally has a confirmed release date
- Samba de Amigo: Party Central was announced
- Fashion Dreamer is a new game about being a fashion influencer
- Dead Cells: Return to Castlevania got a new trailer
- TRON: Identity is a visual novel, launching first for consoles on Switch
- Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective coming to Switch this summer
- Deca Police is an anime detective game where you train in the metaverse
- Bayonetta: Cereza and the Lost Demon got a new gameplay trailer
- Disney’s Illumination Island is coming July 28
- Fire Emblem: Engage is getting Veronica from Heroes as DLC
- Harmony: The Fall of Reverie is a brand new game from DONTNOD coming this June
- Octopath Traveler 2 got another trailer and a demo drops today
- We Heart Katamari Re-Roll coming June 2, with demo available now for Switch online subscribers
- Magolor epilogue confirmed for Kirby’s Return to Dreamland Deluxe
- Master Detective Archives: Rain Code got announced and is coming June 30
- Remaster for Game Cube card RPG Baten Kaitos
- Fantasy Life i: The Girl Who Steals Time announced
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Wave 4 coming Spring 2023